The Club Development Team worked hard this year to assist and showcase the hard work of all soccer clubs across the Province. Focusing on a more hands on approach in working with Ontario Clubs, the more defined Club Excellence Award process proved to be interactive and beneficial to clubs in the program, awarding 25 Clubs for the 2014 cycle.
Apart from the annual award, The Club Development Team tapped into some great initiatives to help create opportunities for Clubs and soccer in general including:
- Taking part in the Toronto 2015 Pan Am/Para Pan Am launch at the Canadian National Exhibition this summer was a great opportunity to work with partners Ontario Blind Sport Association and take part in the demonstration of Blind Soccer.
- In keeping with the Toronto 2015 build-up the Team welcomed Toronto based soccer Clubs to the One Year Countdown event at Nathan Phillips Square and provide the general public including thousands of children with a chance to kick around on the iconic Toronto landmark.
- Continuing to recognize the great work of our Clubs the Club Development Team awarded 4 lucky winners of a draw for accessible soccer equipment. The draw was a result of a survey in conjunction with the Canadian Paralympic Committee and gave Clubs a chance to tell us about their accessible soccer programs.
- FIFA11+ is becoming a tool used by many soccer clubs in Ontario and thanks to the partnership with Bone and Joint Canada with funding from the Ontario Trillium Foundation the Team are helping to raise further awareness and provide tools for Club implementation.
- Concussions have become a hot topic in recent months and the Team have worked with OSA Coaching and Medical as well as the Play Safe Initiative to provide wider education opportunities for Clubs.
- The Club Development’s most recent launch for 2014 was the Club Development Webinar Series. The first of many webinars to come was on the Ontario Not for Profit Act, giving Clubs an overview of the Act as it pertains to their organizations and a chance to get expert advice and guidance on items to consider.