This is a Diploma course produced by Ontario Soccer that combines theoretical and practical components of Soccer Fitness Training.
What do you learn?
Course components will touch upon of the following:
- Strength training
- Fitness assessments
- Monitoring and training male and female players
- Aerobic energy system training
- Anaerobic energy system training
What are the course pre-requisites?
Prior to applying to the Soccer Fitness Trainers Diploma course, a coach must provide proof of successfully taking the following:
- One of Learn to Train; Soccer for Life; C Licence or B Licence Part 1 (or higher)
- Make Ethical Decisions
- Respect in Sport
- Making Head Way in Soccer
Coaches must provide the required documentation in their Application that can be completed on Coach Centre. Once the coach’s application has been approved they will then be granted access to register for the course.
NEW - Structure of the Soccer Fitness Trainer Diploma Course
- Online Learning Workshop #1: Introduction: July 9th (12-2pm)
- Online Learning Workshop#2: Warm-up, Coordination Theory: July 14th (12-2pm)
- Online Learning Workshop #3: Aerobic & Anaerobic Energy System Theory: July 16th (12-2pm)
- Online Learning Workshop #4: Fitness Assessment Theory; Periodization of Training: July 21st (12-2pm)
- Online Learning Workshop #5: Strength Training Theory, Special Consideration: July 23rd (12-2pm)
- CANDIDATES GIVEN A MID COURSE ASSIGNMENT
- Live Date: August 15th: (Vaughan or Durham Region. This could be rescheduled to a Saturday later in August or September, if facilities are not open yet)
- Field: Warm-up, Fitness Assessment, Coordination Practical: (9am-11:30am)
- Lunch (11:30am-12:30pm)
- Classroom: Candidates planning sessions: (12:30pm-1:30pm)
- Field: Aerobic/Anaerobic Practical: (1:30pm-3:00pm)
- Field: Candidates delivery of sessions with feedback: (3:00pm-5:00pm
- Candidates given Final Course Assignment (Assignment due November 30th, 2020)
What is the cost?
How to apply?
Coaches create an account on Coach Centre if they do not already have an existing account. Applications will only be accepted via E2E Coach Centre. Coach Centre will send an automated email to the coach stating that the application has been submitted.
When does the next course begin?
July 9th, 2020