This is a Diploma course produced by Ontario Soccer, as a second level to the Diploma Course Level 1, that combines theoretical and practical components of Soccer Fitness Training.
What do you learn?
Course components will touch upon of the following:
- Anatomy, physiology and biomechanics for soccer
- Fitness assessments
- Periodization of training
- Monitoring training and games using technology
- Position-specific aerobic and anaerobic training
- The role of a fitness coach
What are the course pre-requisites?
Prior to applying to the Soccer Fitness Trainers Diploma Level 2 course, a coach must have completed the Soccer Fitness Trainer Diploma Level 1 Course, and provide proof of successfully taking the following:
- One of Learn to Train; Soccer for Life; C License or B License (or higher)
- Make Ethical Decisions
- Respect in Sport
- Making Head Way in Soccer.
Coaches must provide the required documentation in their Application that can be completed on Coach Centre. Once the coach’s application has been approved they will then be granted access to register for the course.
NEW - Structure of the Soccer Fitness Trainer Diploma Level 2 Course
- Online Learning Workshop #1: Introduction: July 10th (12-2pm)
- Online Learning Workshop #2: Anatomy, Physiology Theory: July 15th (12pm-2pm)
- Online Learning Workshop #3: Biomechanics, Nutrition and Hydration Theory: July 17th (12pm-2pm)
- Online Learning Workshop #4: Advanced Periodization of Training: July 22nd (12pm-2pm)
- Online Learning Workshop #5: Advanced Energy System Training, Using Technology: July 24th (12pm-2pm_
CANDIDATES GIVEN MID-COURSE ASSIGNMENT
- Live Date: August 16th: (Vaughan or Durham Region. This could be rescheduled to a Sunday later in August or September, if facilities are not open yet)
- Field: Warmup, Using Technology, Advanced Energy Training Practical: (9am-11:30am)
- Lunch (11:30am-12:30pm)
- Classroom: Review of Beyond Pulse data (12:30pm-1:00pm)
- Classroom: Special Cases Review (1:00pm-2:00pm)
- Classroom: Candidates Planning Sessions (2:00pm-3:00pm)
- Field: Candidates delivery of sessions with feedback (3:00pm-5:00pm)
- Candidates given Final Course Assignment (Assignment Due November 30th, 2020)
What is the cost?
How to apply?
Coaches create an account on Coach Centre if they do not already have an existing account. Applications will only be accepted via E2E Coach Centre. Coach Centre will send an automated email to the coach stating that the application has been submitted.
When does the next course begin?
July 10th, 2020