skip navigation

Ontario Cup Semi-Final | U-18 Boys | Erin Mills And Woodbridge Advance To Final

By OSA News, 07/16/15, 6:30PM EDT


The Ontario Cup Semifinals for the U-18 Boys will take place July 18 at 12 p.m. at Oshawa Civic Stadium and Oshawa Civic Field. If you can't attend the games, the Civic Stadium games will be broadcast online.

Look for a match report and photos following each game.

Only the games in Civic Stadium have broadcast ability.

Erin Mills Eagles 1 Burlington Bayhawks 0 (Featured Broadcast)

Erin Mills got off to a cracking start in the Ontario Cup U-18 Boys Semifinal against the Burlington Bayhawks. 

Only minutes into the game, Ehimare Okoyomon slipped in behind the Bayhawks' defence and calmly placed the ball to the far corner of the net to make it 1-0 Erin Mills. 

In the 22nd minute Burlington got a chance of their own as Tomasz Skublak got on the end of a long cross but wasn't able to direct it past the Erin Mills keeper.

Once again the heat began to play a factor, as the second half kicked off. Tempers got the better of both teams as a collision led to a confrontation which led to a player from each team being ejected due to a red card.

With both teams down to 10 men, Burlington would push for the equalizer. Erin Mills was content to give up possession and sat nine behind the ball. Tempers flared again in the 89th minute and Erin Mills lost another player to red card.

Burlington had some last minute chances around the box but nothing would fall their way. Erin Mills held on to win 1-0 and advance to the final on Sunday.

Woodbridge SC 2 AG London 2 (Woodbridge wins 5-4 on penalty kicks)

Woodbridge edged out a victory over AG London in penalty kicks 5-4 Saturday after playing to a 2-all tie in regulation to advance to the Boys U18 Ontario Cup Finals. 

In the hotly contested match on a sweltering day at Oshawa Civic Recreation Complex, AG London got on the board first with a goal by Zac Belanger in the 18’.

Woodbridge’s Zachary Kalk would even things up before the half by scoring with 14 minutes remaining.

Woodbridge’s Andrew Alonzi put the Strikers up 2-1 three minutes into the second half. The match would remain that way until AG London’s Braeden Gee scored in the 76’ to tie things up.

Kalk would be dismissed in the 86’ to leave Woodbridge down a player. The Strikers were perfect from the penalty mark, while AG London faltered once, moving Woodbridge into the Final on Sunday when they face the Erin Mills Eagles 97A squad at 12:30 pm at Civic Stadium.

The final will be broadcast live on Sunday. 

Click here to watch the final