The female coach mentorship program will offer two workshops that are open to any female coach at the Ontario Soccer Coaches Super week at RIM Park, Waterloo.
This workshop will focus on Coaching Methodology. You will have the opportunity to work with the Mentor Coaches and other female coaches to better understand, apply and get feedback on your coaching methodology.
This workshop will be on key factors and how to develop players key skills such as dribbling, receiving, passing, striking the ball and individual defending.
Coaches are welcome to attend one or both of the sessions. These sessions are open to coaches who have taken the Canada Soccer Community Workshops, Learn to Train, Soccer for Life or coaches who have taken the Canada Soccer C or B License course.
To register for the workshop, please contact Head Mentor Coach, Connie Marshall.
Ontario Soccer is committed to creating a professional and successful mentorship program that will respond to the needs and aspirations of the many outstanding female soccer coaches that are already practicing in Ontario, and the many more who will join our coaching programs in the years ahead. The Female Mentorship Program is part of a holistic support system approach and is one more component of Ontario Soccer's commitment to Long‐Term Player Development (LTPD) under the guidance of Canada Soccer.
1. To develop elite female soccer coaches, who in turn will act as educators and mentors to other aspiring female coaches in Ontario;
2. To create a supportive, professional female coaching culture in Ontario;
3. To encourage promising female soccer coaches across Ontario to reach their full coaching.
1. To prepare female soccer coaches for the C License, B License – Part 1 (Provincial B), and B License – Part 2 (National B) courses.
1. Increase the number of female soccer coaches in the Licensing (Excellence) coaching stream;
2. Increase number of female soccer coaches working part time / full time in the sport;
3. Increase number of female soccer coaches working in OPDL environments.